Sort out the best of the best; What do I want to have, do, or be the very most? What is the most important to me?
It took me FOREVER. For-evv-urr. To try and revamp, redefine, plan out the entire list. So in order for me and you to have some piece of mind, I will be separating the list into a trilogy; three parts.
Here we are, on the dream list, reworking my goals/dreams under the “do” column, or things I want to do.
This is in best effort to better define what I want to do, where I want to do it, when I want to do it, and most importantly WHY I want to accomplish it. (It will be redefined, even more revamped, and simplified later.)
What I focused on was pumping more of me and my energy into it. These are a reflection of me, anyways.
Thumbs up, let’s do this. Leroyyyyyy…
Top 5 Dreams– Complete in 6(?) Months. This sort of goal-setting will be based on the same sort of style in Dream-Lining (via Tim Ferriss’ “The 4-Hour Work Week”). So the top 5 are on a (currently) 6-month Dream-Line. Go.
- Go to/Live in Japan- Ever since taking Japanese my sophomore year in high school, I’ve always had a love for anything Japanese in general. What going to/living in Japan would mean for me would not only be pure passion meeting the culture, but also an accomplishment in seeing how far I’ve gone and can go. As a man and a traveler.
- Learn Japanese to fluency- I can’t help but devour languages, but this is my most favorite of them all. At the most, I would like to have conversational fluency but even when I have that attained I will work to greater heights of Japanese.
- Perform a concert- This means starting/joining a band, writing songs, and performing them. Near every single day, when I’m alone, I put up my own show; I hear my guitar with the music, and I play physically; basically, in a sense, Brian’s idea. This is one of my heaviest dreams. I’m a musician at heart. I feel very passionate about his subject.
- Create a successful blog- What this would mean to me, is having some sort of system where I can produce content and ideas that would help other people’s lives, as well as helping my own on the side. And I love writing and reading. I figure I’ve read too many blogs already, and after only now reading a select few blogs, I decided to start my own.
- Get all A’s this year (school)- Before I added this to the top 5, it was merely in utility. Raised in a household of the kind where cleaning the house was a no-holds-barred, Michelangelo-ain’t-got-nothing-on-me, lifelong magnum opus, homework had become like forcing perfect song-writing; it just doesn’t work. You shouldn’t feel forced to do anything, and your life isn’t decided on how well you do that piece of homework; nobody gives a carp, or tuna. With the help of Gabe and tools/practices from here, I am completely confident to go to school, take the homework, and shove… its imperfection into my teachers’ hands. 😀
Extra, but Great
- Talk and make friends with Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Tim Ferriss, miltownkid, Jack Canfield, Khatzumoto (AJATT), Orson Scott Card, Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Nobuo Uematsu (composer for Final Fantasy series 1-10)- The first two are obvious for any guitarist (although I feel a connect with Steve), Tim Ferriss I’ll meet sometime after I join the NR (new rich), I’m not sure when I’ll meet miltownkid (this medium is good enough), Jack Canfield perhaps at a seminar/workshop or sometime in the future when I’m a best-selling writer or something, Khatzumoto when I visit his area of Japan (or Taiwan?) some day (when I let him know) and I wonder if we’ll speak in Japanese or Cantonese?, Card for his brilliant Sci-fi writing (it brought the love of reading back to me, I’d say that’s magical for any writer), Taleb I may meet to discuss once I’m more economically important (lol), and Nobuo Uematsu for obvious reasons; he got me into the love of music composition. </walloftext>
- Write bestselling books- What this would mean to me, is adding some sort of value to people’s lives and a possibility to help more (people see “best-selling” and go “hmm…”). It would also mean that I’ve become an amazing writer, or something :P.
- Learn Jeet-Kune-Do ( 😉 )- Bruce Lee fans, take a moment of silence… (entire world bows head)… okay, done. This doesn’t really need to be explained.
- Travel the world teaching seminars- The more I thought about this, I realized I would want to teach from an example standpoint; I would only teach from experience, and no exceptions. My life has to be worth teaching from.
- Learn… what, seduction? idk…- This was a joke, a laugh, a rofl. But the more I thought about it, what I really would want out of it is experience in the practice of NLP. It would be playful fun, at the most.
- Learn Mandarin Chinese- Language learning love, and for when I visit China. Mandarin China, that is.
- Learn Spanish- For when I visit Spain and Mexico. Mexico for my relatives.
- Meditate everyday- For peace of mind (I oft find I clear my mind, when I’m around people, by being silent and not thinking), for clarity o’ the thought, and love for thy nature.
- Create a life lived on automated business- More like a big dream, but I saw it as utility to actually live a life. I’m going to visit the whole world, Mayan.
- Learn TaiChi- Mostly for the kinesthetic and mental practice.
- Create a journal. Write in everyday- Already started this. Had some vivid dreams last night, and wrote about their philosophical meaning within 2 minutes of having them. Awesome-sauce.
- Run everyday- For health and wealth of health. It may just be walking some days, but what I’m trying to reach here is discipline and health mastery.
- Read fiction for an hour before I go to bed every night (atleast 1-2 books per week)- Already done. I read nonfiction during the day, and fiction when I want to. Right now I’m reading Shadow of the Hegemon, and rereading The 4-Hour Work Week. Can’t think of a better dynamic-duo.
- Read atleast a single nonfiction book each week- This is for literacy, linguistic prowess, love of books, and writing ability. And…. done.
- Travel the world learning from/taking seminars- What’s to say, I love to learn. Although this did stem from a deep-seated desire (mostly from my mother’s side) to look for help because we feel helpless, or something. But I decided that life is a classroom. I also decided that my “fragility” can shove it. Robustness is moving in.
- Learn Korean- For when I visit South Korea. And talk to Korean people. Yeah.
- Learn German- For language-lurnin’s sake. It’s so easy when you know English (natively), and I’d love to visit Germany some day.
- Be able to cook food from every country- Mostly for having the versatility to cook anything. “Make my own circumstances”, you say, ol’ George Bernard o’ Shaw? (all the respect for this brilliant man.) I’m making my own culture.
- Go to China- For travel, language, the scenery, the people.
- Go to Spain- Look to the above dream.
- Go to South Korea- Same as Spain and China. (You’re so creative, Tyler)
- Travel the world. Go to every country.- For what it would become of me.
Unnecessary, but Fun
- …. Be awesome 😉 – I figure something has to be accomplished.
To Conclude for now, and Moving in Onward Motion
Life is worth living. Most importantly, it’s worth living now. Not to hold yourself back from.
Having been a social outcast all my life, I’ve held myself back from opportunities and greatness. But the past does not equal the future.
For no longer, have I held myself back. In these past few months, I’ve met people worth meeting, done things worth doing, learned things worth learning, and decided things worth deciding for. I’ve become stronger, better than yesterday, everyday since. And all my gratitude goes to you.
Right now, even, I can feel this sort of inner peace flowing through me. Everything is right. And I know this because I’m taking chances, and doing the things I’ve always wanted. I can feel now as if I’ve done every single dream on this list.
Life’s a verb. Go do it.
See more in part three of the trilogy, in The Dream List: ~Becoming~ Revamped, to come soon.